During the hot days of summer, there’s plenty of things to do in the garden.
With a bit of planning, you can make the best use of your time by prioritizing what needs to be done.
Grill up some dinner, invite friends, relax and enjoy your outdoor dinner in your Dream Garden!!
Beat the heat this summer with our tips…
- If you are aware that you will be facing the water scarcity issue, use mulch. Add mulch around your plants.
- Use drip irrigation to conserve water.
- Using drip irrigation will also ensure that the plants don’t dry out.
- Water the plants in the early morning, when it is cool outside. This will allow the water seep down deep and this results in lesser evaporation as well.
- Add some minerals to water and water deeply with less frequency.
- Add organic water-soluble fertilizers like panchagavya, sea weed, bio enzyme and compost tea etc
- If you feel the temperature is too high make an arrangement of temporary shade to the plants, but make sure you do this only for particular time like peak afternoons.
- Keep plants of similar water needs together. This makes watering them a little easier and hence some water can be saved this way.
- Have fences around the garden, this will help in breaking the flow of air; which causes extensive dryness in the soil.
- Potted plants especially ones in Plastic pots are prone to overheating. Add some mulch to it and keep them out of direct heat.
- Water wisely, when you know water is short, water the plants in accordance to their water needs. That is plants which can survive longer without water should be watered less in comparison to plants which require watering every day.