How to grow spinach / palak at home and its uses
Containers, Gardening, Gardening Tips, Urban Farming Jan 22, 2020
Common Name (India)
Health Benefits of Spinach/Palak
Spinach is a leafy green vegetable known as Palak in India.
- Spinach has a high level of iron which helps to fight anaemia
- It is high in calcium and folic acid which works wonders for pregnant woman
- Beta carotene present in spinach is good for eye health.
- It is rich in vitamin D and Vitamin K
- Spinach has high level of water which helps release toxics and get rid of parasites.
- It significantly reduces stress, helps in fighting cancer growth, regulate blood pressure.
- It’s loaded with antioxidants and minerals
- Aphids can affect the Spinach crop.
- And bugs can eat the leaves creating the small holes on the leaves.
- For pest and diseases remedies follow us in Facebook and Instagram:
- Sow the spinach seeds simply by scattering the seeds in blocks. Cover lightly with soil and water well. Keep the soil moist until germination. You can harvest the first crop in 4 to 6 weeks.
- Can you grow the Spinach/Palak in container?
- Yes, definitely we can grow it in containers, even a relatively small 10- to 12-inch pot will do.
- But we suggest you to try the Grow Bag and planter box from My Dream Garden for best yield.
For Green Lifestyle visit our website: www.mydreamgarden.in