Caterpillars in your Terrace garden
Gardening, Gardening Tips, IPS Gardening, Pest Managment, Urban Farming Jan 31, 2020
Have you seen these caterpillars in your Garden? Worried about the loss of greenery and vegetables?
Here is the solution for it.
These are nothing but leaf eating Caterpillars. You may think leaf eating caterpillar will eat leaves but not fruits. But this leaf eating caterpillars will eat the leaves from underside of leaves. This affect the photosynthesis which intern affects the vegetable yield. These Caterpillar are seen in crops like Cabbage, Cauliflower, Broccoli and Knol-khol.
Symptoms on plant may include:
- Leaves become brown on such portions where ever they eat it.
- They scrape and suck the sap from the leaves that results in holes on the leaves.
- The leaves become papery and thin.
- Hand picking and destroying of Caterpillars.
- Remove all affected leaves.
- Regular spray of Neem Oil on the plant parts which avoids caterpillars and keep them away because of its bitterness.
- Add Neem Powder to your soil which helps in avoiding egg laying in the soil.