Pest Managment Jul 28, 2020
Are your plant leaves are turning unhealthy?
Are they losing their colour?
Are you observing the Browning and drying of leaves and other plant parts?
Here is the answer for all the questions.
- The main reason for these problems are SPIDER MITES attack.
- Basically mites are summer season pest, sparsely we can see them in other season (winter & rainy season)
- We can see them by using binocular glass, usually they are Red in color and very minute in size.
- They will take shelter below leaf surfaces and other parts of the plant.
Mites are sucking pest, they effect the plant by sucking the sap from the leaves and other parts of the plant (sap is rich in all nutrients its food for sucking pests), and they spread the viral diseases to the plants. The affected parts turn into brown and finally they will get dry.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF MITES
Now here are solutions to get rid of these Mites
- Initial observation and destroying the affected plant parts is the first step to reduce the infestation
- If the infestation seems to be spreading give a Neem oil spray 10ml/1 Lt of water or give a spray of SasyaRakshak 10 ml /1 Lt of water.
- If the infestation is huge give spray with MITEX-A1 2 to 3 ml/1 Lt of water once in every 5-6 days.
Expect summer in all other seasons give a spray of SAP SUCK MAST 0.5ml/1Lt of water for prevention of Mites and other sucking pests.
If the PEST incidence is more
Major Host– Tomato, Brinjal, Ridge gourd, cucumber, beans, coriander, amaranthus, Marigold chrysanthemum, pomegranate.
NOTE – Every Medicine sprays should be done during cool timings either Morning or Evening.
Key words – Mites , Sucking pest , Viral diseases , Neem oil , SasyaRakshak , Mitex-A1 ,Sap suck MAST.
Senior Research Associate
MY DREAM GARDEN