Different types of natural inputs for garden
Uncategorized Aug 04, 2020
Natural Nutrients :
- These are the Nutrients derived from animal and plant extracts.
- These are more economical use and less cost.
- Increases soil Nutrition and soil health.
- Acts as store house for plant nutrients especially N, P, S and Fe.
- Acts as a important source for cation exchange capacity in plants.
- Maintains balanced ecosystem.
- Application of these nutrients increases water holding capacity.
- Improves microbial activities in soil.
- Lowers soil PH
- Increases soil nutrients availability.
- Increases soil aeration.
Examples for Natural Nutrients are
FYM, Vermicompost, Bone meal, Sea weed extract, Panchagavya, Blood meal, oil cakes, Bio enzymes etc.
Compost done with the help of earth worms or compost obtained by the process of breaking down of organic waste materials using earth worms is called as Vermicompost
• VC is Rich in NPK and other beneficial microbes
• Acts as soil conditioner.
• It is free from pathogens hence controls pest and diseases.
•Induces biological resistance to plants.
• Retains water holding capacity of soil.
•Increases Vegetative growth of the plants.
• Increases the actinomycetes population in soil which helps in Nitrogen fixation.
• Increases Photosynthesis and chlorophyll content of leaves.
Keywords :panchagavya, FYM, Vermicopost, Bonemeal, seaweed, etc