Water soluble fertilizers used in terrace gardening
Nutrients Management Aug 09, 2020
Being readily soluble in water, Water soluble fertilisers (WSF) help fertigation(Fertilizer application + Irrigation ) by releasing essential plant nutrients at the root zone from where they are readily absorbed and used elsewhere in the plant system.
Water Soluble fertilizers Covers the entire range of plant nutrients required for optimal growth and potential yield.
Water Soluble fertilizers are first choice in Terrace gardening.
Why they are becoming famous today
- Because they’re complete range of fully soluble fertilisers for use in fertigation systems so both nutrients and water can be managed optimize the yield and quality
- Inspire all dis benefits of Conventional fertilizers, Water soluble fertilizers supplies nutrients efficiently and effectively to plants with minimal loss.
- But Other than water soluble fertilisers Conventional fertilizers are hygroscopic and even you may loose them through evaporation etc…
- WSF supplied to the root zone of plants thus minimal wastage of fertilizers
Water soluble fertilizers can be applied in 2 ways
- Soil application or fertigation
- Foliar spray – This is a critical which when deficiency of non mobile nutrients or Elements occurs in plants
Characteristic of WSF:
- WSF are available in chelated and available form
- Non dusting in nature
- Water Soluble fertilisers to allow you to grow more with each drop.
- Water soluble fertilizers includes NPKs, straights, chelates and liquid fertilisers. When combined with an efficient irrigation system, both nutrients and water can be managed to obtain the maximum yield and quality.
- Water soluble fertilizers easy to handle and apply to a wide range of crops.
Whether these WSFs suitable for terrace gardening????
Yes these are very much useful in terrace gardening, because
- Nutrition of Plants grown in containers can be easily managed through WSF
- Drenching of WSF s supplies desirable nutrients and along with reduces the risk of scorching of plants with excess Fertilizer application.
- They are exactly suits for terrace gardening as you will be growing plants in containers by eliminating risk of plants death due to overdose of fertilizers
Examples of WSF are
- Urea Phosphate 17:44:0
- Sulphate of potash 0:0:50
- Urea Phosphate with SOP 18:18:18
- Calcium Nitrate
- Potassium Nitrate (13:0:45)
- Mono Ammonium phosphate
- Mono Potassium Phosphate (0:52:34)
- NPK (19:19:19)
- 25-30% of recommended dose of fertilizer can be reduced by using WSF.
- Essential nutrients can be applied uniformly to each and every plant even on daily basis.
- Water soluble fertilizers lend themselves to different methods of application viz., foliar and fertigation. They are also suitable for soil application depending on requirement.
- Wide range of nutrient grades are available.
- As it is applied on crop requirement, it reduces accumulation of salts in soil
KEYWORDS: water-soluble fertilizers, nutrients, micro and macronutrients, terrace garden
Write up by: