Urban Farming Aug 18, 2020
As you know that mushroom have more nutrients. And it is good for health also. We can study the cultivation of oyster mushroom here.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF MUSHROOM
- Source of vitamins and powerful antioxidants like selenium, vitamin choline.
- It will protect against the cancer.
- It’s also contain the small amount of vitamin D.
- The fibre, potassium and vitamin c in mushrooms may contribute to cardiovascular health.
- It also contain folic acid or folate.
- Mushrooms are rich in vitamin, such as riboflavin or B2,folate or B9,thiamine or B1,panthonic acid or B5,niacin or B3
Now we can discuss about the cultivation of mushroom.
Cultivation of mushroom is divided into 3 phases
- Selecting the paddy straw which is fully dried and antifungal also
- Make sure that straw should be in safe place.
- Pasteurizing and conditioning
- The straw should be filled in a closed room
- The first part is consisting of pasteurizing, this is making the compost pathogen free, and during this Paddy straw was sterilized in an autoclave at high pressure and temperature.
- After this process the straw should be keep outside to get cool.
- Here we have to choose a sorghum seeds and keep it for boiling in a pressure cooker where it should be free from fungal disease and other microorganisms also.
- After that keep boiled sorghum seeds get cool around 2 to 3 hr.
- And mix the sorghum seeds with a calcium sulphate or calcium carbonate powder.
- After this process keep laminar airflow chamber ready and clean it with ethyl alcohol.
- Keep the sorghum seeds aside in a container inside the laminar airflow chamber and keep the mother spawn(IIHR)
- Fill the sorghum seeds in a small polyether cover with the mother spawn.
- Pack tightly and keep those spawn for 14 to 21 days to get a good growth.
- When you notice the growth of spawn inside the packet is that white cottony growth with milky colour.
- On the other hand you have to select the healthy spawn, where it is free from other fungal disease three is a chance of fungal attack.
- Fill the paddy straw inside the larger polythene bag layer by layer with the spawn
- Pack tightly whole bag and make a small hole where it should provide a proper growth to the mushroom spawn.
- After 15 days you can notice a budding of a good mushroom spawn also.
- Proper care and maintenance is necessary in each and every step for mushroom culture.
– written by
Suma c hosalli