JEEVAMRUTHA – Liquid Growth Promoter & Micro nutrient
Uncategorized Sep 02, 2020
Jivamrita/jeevamrutha is a fermented microbial culture. It provides nutrients, but most importantly, acts as a catalytic agent that promotes the activity of microorganisms in the soil, as well as increases earthworm activity; During the 48 hour fermentation process, the aerobic and anaerobic bacteria present in the cow dung and urine multiply as they eat up organic ingredients (like pulse flour). A handful of undisturbed soil is also added to the preparation, as inoculate of native species of microbes and organisms. Jeevamrutha also helps to prevent fungal and bacterial plant diseases.
Jeevamrutha is liquid organic manure popularly used as means of organic farming. It is considered to be an excellent source of ‘natural carbon’, ‘biomass’, ‘Nitrogen’, ‘Phosphorous’ ‘Potassium’ and lot of other micro nutrients required for the crops.
Jeevamrutha can be used as a fertilizer for each plant for every week, which boosts the plant growth and gives a good yield. We need to use the prepared one within one week of preparation. Please note that once Jeevamrutha is used, one shouldn’t water the plants for 12 h
Preparation and use of liquid fertilizers as an essential supply of micro nutrients to plants have proved to be very effective for development of plants from ancient times.
Ingredients required (For 200 litres)
- Fresh Desi Cow dung – 10 to 15 kgs
- Goumutra – 5 lts
- Any pulse flour – 2 kgs
- Jaggery (black preferred) or any fruit pulp – 2 kgs
- Handful of soil (the soil should be taken from the land where we will apply Jeevamrutha later, preferably collect it from bund
Method of preparation
- Mix Cow dung in a separate bucket with ample water. No clods should be there.
- Similarly, mix Jaggery and pulse flour each in separate buckets.
- Pour Cow dung, Jaggery solution, pulse flour liquid, and Goumutra to the drum.
- Add a handful of soil and fill the drum completely with water.
- Stir it thoroughly.
- Keep this solution for 3-6 days depending on temperature.
- To be prepared in shade.
Direction for use:
Soil Drenching: Apply ½ litre to small plants and 1 litre for big plants under good moisture condition for best results
Do not use chemical fertilizers, pesticides or weedicides for 20 days before and after application of Jeevamrutha.
Method of Storage
- The manure should be kept in the shade and covered with a wire mesh or plastic mosquito net to prevent houseflies from laying eggs and the formation of maggots (worms) in the solution. This is applicable during the preparation as well as during the shelf life of the manure as well.
How long can we store the Manure?
- The manure can be stored for only 1 week due to unbearable overpowering stench.
How to use the Manure?
- The manure can be mixed with irrigation water.
- The manure can also be used with Drip Irrigation.
- Also, can spray 10% filtered manure on the crops.
When to use the Manure?
- The manure should be mixed thoroughly twice daily (in the morning & evening) for 2 days before usage
- The manure should be applied when the land is wet for the plants.
- Generally, it is accepted that every 15 days the manure can be applied.
- For even better results, the manure can also be used thrice in a month
Benefits of Jeevamrutha
- Desi Cow in its intestine has millions of beneficial microbes, which will come out in form of Cow dung. Goumutra, as u are aware, has got a lot of plant growth promoting agents.
- Jaggery is added to provide Carbohydrates and pulse flour provides the required proteins. Bacteria will grow in exponential form. For every 20 min, bacterium multiplies into two.
- After 3-7 days there will be billions of beneficial microbes which can break bonds between compounds of elements in soil and this allows the plants to easily observe all these nutrients. Also, it has got many microbes which can fight against pathogens.
- Jeevamrutha can be directly applied. It can be sprayed after filtering by diluting a 1 litre Jeevamrutha in 10 lts of water.
- Best time to apply Jeevamrutha is after irrigation or rain. Soil should have sufficient moisture. Or evening time is also ok.
- After applying we need to do mulching with leaves or live mulching with Horse gram