Insect pest management in terrace Garden
Uncategorized Sep 16, 2020
Healthy plants escape from the diseases by sufficient sunlight, optimum watering, the right side of the container, good management, etc decide the health of the plant of terrace Garden.
Unless season cropping increases pest problem.
For example -Do not go for cabbage and cauliflower in summer, fungal diseases are more in the rainy season, insect attack is a savior in summer.
Capsicum needs shade the disease symptoms are also more.
Sucking pest is the permanent guest of the terrace Garden, They infest more on weak plants, these insects spread the viral diseases also.
Major insect pest of terrace Garden are
- Mealybugs -stunted the growth of the plant and no yield
2, Aphids-this mainly attack for cowpea and beans.
- Thrips -causes viral diseases like leaf curl is common in chilly, brinjal, and tomato.
4.red mite -mites attack plants when the weather is hot and dry.
5white flies -they feed underside of the plant leaves.
6.scale insects-shell like waxy covering that conceals their bodies etc..
The minor pest is
1.leaf eating caterpillar,-damage by feeding the green biomass
2. Leaf minor -they eat the leaf tissue and damage the leaves.
3.fruit borer-withering of terminal shoots /dead hearts.
Plant growth is affected off not taking control measures for good yield go for pest control
1.Spraying of Neem oil.
2.Using insect traps to control whiteflies and other insects etc.
3.Using a pheromone trap.
4. Growing of trap crops like marigold, linseed chrysanthemum, etc.
5. Spraying of fermented buttermilk is effective on the mite.
6.Spraying of ginger and garlic paste.