Gardening Sep 30, 2020
- Lavender is the flowering plant belongs to family Lamiaceae.
- The flowers are blue, violet or yellowish colour.
- The flowers are fragrant in nature and have been used for making perfume, aromatherapy oil, gels, lotion, and soap.
Growing Tips of lavender:
- Give the plants 6 hours or more of full sunlight each day.
- Apply very little water.
- Grow in well-drained areas or raised beds.
- If your soil is sandy, mix in some gravel to improve drainage.
- Make sure you have good air flow around the plants if you have high humidity.
How often should lavender be watered?
Water once or twice a week after planting until plants are established. Water mature plants every two to three weeks until buds form, then once or twice weekly until harvest.
Extraction Process of lavender oil:
It obtained by stem distillation of fresh and dried flowers of Lavender.
Pure lavender oil is clear pale yellow color liquid with characteristic odour of lavender.
This natural oil has ability for relieve pain and enhance blood circulation.
It is composed of 150 active constituents. It is rich in esters and other chief constituents are linalyl acetate, linalool, terpene alcohol, terpinen-4-ol and other constituents are cis-ocimene, lavandulyl acetate, 1, 8-cineole, limonene and geraniol.
Amazing Health benefits and Uses:-
- It is used to enhance the sleeping.
- It used for the treatment of migraines, depression, nervous tension and emotional stress.
- It is used for treatment of acne. It reduced the red raised sores on face and body which is produced by bacterial infection.
- It stimulate the production of digestive enzyme. So it gives relives in diarrhea, vomiting, colic and stomach.
- It increases the resistance power of the body.
- Lavender oil act as pain killer. It reduced the pain of tense muscles, muscular aches and postoperative pain.
- This essential oil increases the flow of urine.
- It is used for insects repellent. It relives pain and irritation due to bite of bug.
- It is used for the treatment of hair loss.
10) It has anticancer activity.
11) Lavender oil is used for the treatment of hypertension. It reduced the blood pressure.
12) It is used for skin disorders.
Key Words – Uses Of lavender, Health Benefits, Chemical composition of lavender, Extraction Process of Lavender oil, How often should lavender be watered, rowing Tips of lavender.