BIODIVERSITY OFFERING MANY NATURAL SERVICES.
Biodiversity Oct 03, 2020
The variety of life on Earth and its biological diversity is commonly referred to as biodiversity.
A biodiversity can offer many natural services to everyone : The services that we get for free!
- Ecosystem Services:
- Protection of water resources
- Soils formation and protecting the micro flora
- Nutrient storage in soil and their recycling
- Pollution breakdown by absorbing many greenhouse gases.
- Contribution to climate stability and avoid frequent climate change
- Maintains the food chain
- Biological Resources:
- Provide healthy and natural Food
- Biodiversity is the main source of Medicinal and pharmaceutical drugs
- Provides Wood products
- Ornamental plants
- Future resources
- Creates Diversity and sustainability of flora and fauna
- Social Benefits:
- Research, education and monitoring
- Recreation purposes
- Cultural values
Do we really find such biodiversity in our present day life..??
Today many life on earth had extincting because of development which is indirectly causing air pollution, deforestation and water pollution. Without natural resources its difficult to lead a healthy life.
In present day we are unable to see the beautiful sparrows that we use to see during our childhood. Many species of butterflies have been disappeared because of the excess electromagnetic radiations generated.
Now, its necessary to question our self that, how we can contribute to re-build this biological diversity once again in urban cities. Only solution comes in front of us is gardening where we can use kitchen waste for composting and the generated compost for growing plants. After the life cycle of plant that can be green manured to soil and increase the micro flora which will be the food for many other organisms on earth. When we build such food chains and life cycles we can bring back the lost ecosystem.
Minds become peaceful when you spend time with nature