Indore Plants Oct 08, 2020
Indoor Plants are popular because they are relatively easy to take care of provice health benefits and can be used in a variety of indoor décor themes, indoor plants are a great option for those who have little yard space for an outdoor garden or for those who live in climates with severally cold winters.
WHAT ARE INDOOR PLANTS:-
Indoor plants are plants that grow indoors. There are a variety of tropical plants, like palms, that thrive in indoor environments.
HOW DO YOU PLANT INDOOR PLANTS:-
Most of the time indoor plants are already in containers, so there is no need to plant them.
There are typically only two reasons you need to plant an indoor plant.
- If your plant is getting too big, then you will need to replace it into a larger container.
- If you wanted to grow bulbs indoors, then you will need to plant the bulbs yourself.
HOW MUCH LIGHT DO INDOOR PLANTS NEED:-
Succulents and cacti need continuous daily sunlight, Plants with foliage need roughly 8 hours of light per day. The amount of light depends on the plants you are growing, so we suggest doing research on the specific plants you can growing.
WHICH INDOOR PLANTS REQUIRE LOW LIGHT:-
- Peace Lilly
WHICH INDOOR PLANTS ARE THE EASIEST TO TAKE CARE OF:-
- Most succulents
- ZZ plant
HOW DO YOU RE-POT INDOOR PLANTS:-
Unless your indoor plant has become too large for the pot you typically don’t need to re-pot indoor plants.
HOW DO YOU CARE FOR INDOOR PLANTS:-
- Keep potting soil moist it’s important to make sure soil is not too wet nor too dry
- Make sure the plant pot has drainage holes in the bottom of the pot
- Place your plant near a light source, whether it’s natural or artificial.
- Determine what species of plant you have so you can more accurately care for it.
HOW DO YOU PRUNE INDOOR PLANTS:-
If you have no reason to prune plants, don’t do it. But, if you notice your plant getting tally & spindly then we recommend you prune them.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE COMMON REASONS INDOOR PLANTS DIE:-
- Over Watering or Under watering
- Light levels(Either not enough light or too much light)
HOW LONG DO INDOOR PLANTS TYPICALLY LIVE:-
On average indoor house plants last 2-5 years, after that plants stop thriving and it’s best to invest in another plant.
HOW DO INDOOR PLANTS AFFECT PEOPLE’S MOOD:-
People are often Surprised on how beneficial indoor plants are, Not only do plants clean the air, But they reduce noise levels and stress in the workplace.
HOW DO I KNOW WHEN TO WATER MY INDOOR PLANTS:-
Over-watering is a common mistake, and you will want to make sure the plant actually requires water, now or if it should wait until later. Here are some ways to see if it’s time to water:
- Soil Probe:-This probe will draw out soil, which will help you understand how dry the soil is below the surface.
- Moisture Meter: – This tool tells you on a scale how dry soil is.
- Lifting the plant up:-Heaviness Signifies the plant has enough water but lightness signifies the plant is dry.
- Wilting:-Wilting typically happens because the plant is not getting sufficient water, lift the plant to see if it is height in weight or if it’s heavy.
- Yellow leaves: – yellow leaves may also signify that a plant has too much or too little water, but this is not always the case.
Key Words: – Indoor Plants, Light, Garden, Environment, Bulbs, Research, Succulents, Re-pot, Moisture, Natural, Pruning, Spindly, Mood, Lifting, Wilting, Sufficient.
From:-Dakshayini.s (B.Sc. (CBZ))