Terrace Gardening during the monsoon
Uncategorized Oct 22, 2020
Monsoon are the best time of the year for those who love gardening
Tips for monsoon gardening
- Avoid excess chemical fertilizers and use natural compost
- Mix proper proportion of the soil and manure nutrients for crops
1.AVOID WATER STAGNATION: The accumulation of rainwater in your garden is a major issue and provide proper drainage.
2.PRUNING: The plants and take off the parts as soon as raining this is the right time for new shoots to grow
3.WEEDING: Weeding is an essential part of monsoon gardening, The weeds can grow rapidly in the rainy season, keep weeding your garden in a timely interval to avoid harmful growth.
CROPS SUITABLE IN MONSOON
1. Cucumber-It can be easily thrives in small space because of its climbing abilities cucumber are the perfect for your salads
Pic a spot that receives an ample amount of sunlight, Cucumber grow well in the soil which is moist and well-drained plant cucumber seeds in 1-inch depth 2-3 inches apart in the row.
Guards like sponge guard, bittergaurd, Ridge guard etc..
FRUITING VEGETABLES : Tomato,chilly ,brinjal etc
Tomato- Tomato are easy to grow,tomato require direct sunlight plant the tomato saplings and provide right amount of nutrients at right stage.
Nutrient requirement: Alternatively nutrients has to applied at ten days intervals ,and also different nutritional deficiences also identified Specially to control the blossom end rot disease specially in tomato.
Root Vegetables are underground plant parts that are harvested and eaten by humans as food. These can be #roots, #bulbs, #rhizomes or #tubers
Root vegetables include Carrots, Radish, Beets, Onions, knol-khol etc
For root vegetables, soil should not be solid, light watering to be done before harvesting to facilitate easy lifting of roots.
Uproot individual plant manually
1. #Beetroot and #Carrot – Leaves on the above portion are well developed and slightly turn to yellow colour and dry
2. #Radish – Firm root portion can be seen on the upper surface of soil
3. #Knol #khol – Swollen stem reaches a diameter of 5-7cm, it should not be tough and woody
4. #Onion the leaves become yellow and begin to fall over, when leaves turning to brown harvest them.
It’s just a bliss to have a GARDEN and PLANTS around you.