Its all about Tea Mosquito Bug
Cultural Operations, Gardening, Gardening Tips, IPS Gardening, Pest Managment Dec 03, 2020
- It is a sucking pest, usually observed in Cashew, Guava, Cocoa, Grapes etc.
- It is occasionally found in Vegetables, in a situation where it won’t find its Host crops.
- In Vegetables it usually effects on Bhendi, Melons and Gourds and Brinjal.
- Usually the life cycle of Tea Mosquito bug ends in 45-60 days during the winter and 15-20 days in Summer. Because of Hibernation (Dormancy period), life span of Tea mosquito bug is more.
- Damage is caused by both Larvae and Adults.
- They usually suck sap from terminal twigs, Buds, fruits and leaves by piercing the tissues with their mouth Stylets by injecting toxic substances present in their Saliva.
- Adults lays eggs inside the fruits and Veggies.
SYMPTOMS OF IDENTIFICATION:
- Leaf curl and Deformation.
- Rotting of Fruits.
- Reddish brown spots on infected area.
- At severe stage leads to loss of crop.
- Regular checking on Crops.
- Collection and destruction of adult tea mosquito bugs.
- Spray Quinalphos 1ml in 1 litre of water.
- Installation of Yellow sticky traps.