Is it possible to grow drumstick in containers?
Containers, Gardening, Gardening Tips, Nutrients Management, Urban Farming Dec 09, 2020
Yes, it is possible with fruit magic planter box.
I think no south Indian sambar is complete without the drumstick.
Drumsticks are rich in nutrients, amino acids and antioxidants.
And the growing and maintaining of the drumstick plant is very easy.
if you have a drumstick plant on our terrace definitely you can enjoy the fresh and nutritious drumsticks and its leaves.
We all know due to urbanization; in cities we don’t have space to grow vegetables and fruits. The terrace area is the best option to grow fruits and vegetables. Many people in cities are fond of eating fruits but in urban areas we won’t get nutritious fruits. In the market we get vegetables with lot of chemical residues, these residues are carcinogenic and cause so many diseases and disorders. In order to get fresh and healthy fruits start growing vegetables in a container on your terrace.
So many people with positive hope starts a vegetable and fruit garden on their own but many fails in continuing it this is mainly because they don’t have basic idea about gardening and lack of technical knowledge. So MY DREAM GARDEN PVT LTD is educating and training people to grow their own veggies and fruits and it is also set ups terrace, balcony garden at our house.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF DRUMSTICK.
Do you know?
Not only drumstick pods have nutrition, but it’s leaves
Health benefits of #Drumstick
Regulates blood sugar levels.
Helps in developing stronger bones.
Helps in purifying blood.
Good source of Iron.
Relieves respiratory disorders.
Good for hair and skin.
TIPS TO GROW DRUMSTICK IN A CONTAINER AT YOUR TERRACE.
1. Planting material – Choose the dwarf variety drumstick saplings, It is easy to plant with seeds, but better to go with saplings from nearby nursery.
Dwarf drumstick means a tree that will grow less than 6 feet in height.
2. Container – Selecting a suitable container plays a vital role in terrace gardening, If you want to grow a plant in a pot or container, first choose at least 20 inches wide and 35 inches deep containers, make sure container must have proper drainage holes.
3. Soil and wind –It is necessary to have good soil. Drumstick requires light, well-drained soil. Shelter from wind is most helpful but not important. If you have a hot sunlight spot with protection from the high winds that would be great for your plant.
4. Location – Dwarf drumstick requires a lot of sunlight, so keep it in places where strong sunlight is present. So, place the container in an open terrace area where you get more than 6 hours of sunlight. Place the container in the appropriate place. After the container plantation becomes heavier, it is inconvenient to shift. Planting on the south side of a house with complete sunlight and shelter from the wind can help them to grow well.
5. Watering- Watering is an important role in growing drumstick. Plants must be watered based on moisture content in soil to prevent roots from rotting. In winter, the plant prefers to be drier. A plant that has been damaged by frost is unusually sensitive to root rot. In summer they can manage all the water you can give them provided that soil drains properly. Water the plant well, give it water every 3 to 4 days to avoid excess moisture and soggy.
6. Nutrients – Drumstick needs regular uses of nitrogen fertilizers, apply the nutrients at 15-20 days intervals according to plant response. It requires more of potash rich nutrients also for better yield So, apply the nutrients based of plant requirement.