TOP 8 HEALTH BENEFITS OF GUAVA FRUIT AND LEAVES
Gardening Dec 10, 2020
INTRODUCTION: fruits are oval in shape with light green or yellow skin and contain edible seeds, guava leaves are used as a herbal tea and the leaf extract as a supplement. Guava fruits are amazingly rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, potassium, and fibre.
- Guava extract may help improve blood sugar control in people with diabetes or those at risk.
- The higher levels of potassium and soluble fibre in guavas are also thought to contribute to improved heart health.
Guava fruit or leaf extract may have a positive effect on heart health by lowering blood pressure, decreasing bad cholesterol, and increasing good cholesterol.
3) Taking guava leaf extract daily may help decrease symptoms of painful menstruation, including cramps.
4)Guavas are an excellent source of fibre. Therefore, eating more guavas may aid healthy bowel movements and prevent constipation, the guava leaf extract is antimicrobial. This means that it can neutralize harmful microbes in your gut that can cause diarrhoea.
guava plant in fruit planter box
5) Guavas are full of fibre and low in calories, meaning that they may help you feel full and aid weight loss.
6) The high levels of antioxidants in guava may help prevent the development and growth of cancer cells.
7) Guavas are one of the richest food sources of vitamin C. Maintaining adequate levels of this vitamin is important for protecting against illness and infections.
8) The wide range of vitamins and antioxidants packed into a guava may work wonders for your skin. Its antioxidants may protect your skin from damage, which can slow down its aging process, helping prevent wrinkles.
Key words: nutritional benefits of guava, uses of guava leaves, health benefits of guava, guava juice, guava is rich source of vitamin c, immunity booster, anticancer effect, weight loss.