Here are some useful Tips to grow Hibiscus Plant in your home
- Where to grow hibiscus plant: –
The hibiscus usually grows in tropical conditions, so that means hibiscus needs lots of sunlight, if you are providing six hours of sunlight for your hibiscus means it will grow well.
- The right temperature to grow hibiscus: –
For hibiscus plants around 600F-900F or 160C-320C are most optimum for the hibiscus, anything lower than that and your plant will not survive, so bring it indoors during the winter.
- How to water hibiscus plants: –
What you need to keep in mind while watering your hibiscus is weather & the flowering cycle, in the flowering stage, the Hibiscus requires more water, during summer as well, it needs a fair bit of watering but not too much so as to drown the plants.
- How to Fertilize: –
Hibiscus needs a very large volume of Nutrients in the growing period. Feed the plant with mulch or organic fertilizer on a regular basis.
- Why hibiscus plant leaves will turn yellow: –
Hibiscus needs fully sunlight, if the plant is not getting enough sunlight then plant leaves may turn yellow or white, and sometimes if your plant not getting proper nutrients also the leaves will turn yellow & the pests like aphids, spider, mites can cause discoloration and leaf damage.
Some more tips: –
- Do not over water the hibiscus plant as it may result in root rot disease
- Remove dead leaves, stems, & canes to promote fast and healthy growth.
- When you transplant hibiscus plant to outdoors add organic matter such as compost or manure in sufficient amounts to the soil.
- Prune your hibiscus once in the spring, while this, off course doesn’t apply to annual hibiscus plants, if you have one that you’re overwintering, or if you have a cold- hardy variety in your landscape, pruning will help to promote future blooms.
- Don’t use clay pots, this material can actually cause the soil to become a bit more alkaline over time, so stick to plastic or stone pots for your hibiscus.
Health Benefits of Hibiscus: –
- Hibiscus Tea: -The tea or red wine is low in calories & caffeine-free.
- Weight loss: – Hibiscus flower extracts lower the absorption of starch & glucose that helps to reduce weight.
- Improves digestion.
- Control the hair fall.
Key Words: –Hibiscus, Tropical, Sunlight, Weather, Watering, Nutrients, Fertilizers, Aphids, Spider, mites, Discoloration, Leaf damage, Disease, Overwintering, Landscape, Pruning, Alkaline, Calories, caffeine, absorption, starch, glucose.
Write-up By:-Dakshayini.s (B.sc (CBZ)).