MICRO GREENS: – These are the young Vegetable greens similar to baby greens of height 2-3 inch, which are used for salads and cooking.
EXAMPLE: – Fenugreek, Methi, Radish, Wheat grass, Peas, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Knol khol, Arugula, watercress etc.
Micro greens contain higher concentration of many Nutrients when compared with the mature, fully grown vegetables or herbs.
1. Micro greens have high levels of
2. Micro greens Promotes health and prevents disease
3. Micro greens can boost color, Enhance flavor, & add texture to any dish, while delivering a nutritional boost as well.
4. Micro greens are extremely important for skin, Eyes and fighting cancer and have all sorts of benefits associated with them.
5. Micro greens are a rich source of polyphenols, a class of antioxidants, linked to a lower risk of heart disease.
6. Micro greens may help to reduce the type of stress that can prevent sugar from properly entering cells.
7. Micro greens will help to boost your immune system.
8. They help to improve eyesight
9. They reduce constipation
10. They help ward off digestive elements.
SOME IMPORTANT MICROGREENS USES: –
They appear to enhance cellular sugar uptake by 25-44% certain cancers.
They contain the highest amount of a chemical called “sulforaphane” compared to almost any other food available.it offers protection against several forms of cancer, neurodegenerative and cardiovascular disease as well as diabetes, it can even potentially regenerate neurons in the brain, as well as protecting the brain from strokes.
These are high in Zeaxanthin and lutein which are necessary for proper eye health and maintaining good eyesight.
It helps to reduce the severity of pain associated with menstruation, it also helps a sedating effect that can help if you have trouble getting to sleep.
It can help to balance your blood sugar levels, contains lots of vitamin A, and even helps to remove heavy, metals from your body.
It contains high level of antioxidants are high in fiber, and can help to detoxify your liver and blood.
KEY WORDS:-Nutrients, Minerals, Vitamins, Enzymes, Flavor, skin, sugar, eyesight, immune system, constipation, Neurodegeneration, Cardiovascular disease, Menstruation, Antioxidants, Micro greens, Coriander, Mustard, Broccoli, Baby greens, Wheat grass, Methi.
Write-up By: –Dakshayini.s (B.Sc. (CBZ)).