These days many people are planning to grow a garden to feel the freshness of the air surrounding them. Gardening is a great way to spend time outdoors and get some exercise in the process. It is a healthy hobby that can be a therapeutic activity for people suffering from depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues.
Balcony gardens are becoming more popular as people are always looking to grow vegetables and indoor plants in small spaces or on balconies or patios. The benefits of balcony gardening include less water usage, low maintenance costs, and the ability to grow food without needing any soil. Balconies are readily available space for any house, and we see most won’t utilize it. Utilizing those spaces for gardening would be a great idea.
5 Ways to Turn Your Balcony into a Garden
- Choose what plants you want to grow – When you have a balcony, you should think about what plants and what types of plants you want to grow. You should also consider what type of plants are suitable for your balcony.
If you choose flower plants, here are a few examples of them.
- Morning Glory
- Pink Rain Lily
If you choose leafy plants, here are a few examples of them.
- Amaranth leaves
- Dill leaves
- Use high-quality Soil: – It is crucial to use high-quality soil for the plants in your garden.
The soil you should ensure that your plants are healthy and grow without any problems. The most common type of soil used in a garden is potting mix prepared by various components. There are also other types of soil depending on which type of plant you want to grow.
- Hanging pots can help you save space – Hanging pots for balcony are an efficient way to save space for plants. They can be hung up on the wall and make a great addition to your home decor.
The plants can grow in the pots and you can keep them out of the ground, which is often messy and difficult to maintain.
Hanging pots are also a good option for people who don’t have much space in their homes or apartments. They are easy to install and maintain, so you don’t need much time on maintenance.
- Layout a green lawn – With a little bit of innovation and creativity, you can replicate that old-school gardening feeling of walking on a lush green lawn.
You can use roll-out lawn turfs as one of the easiest ways to make your space greener. They need very little maintenance and can transform your balcony into a vibrant green garden. However, it is now easier to grow and maintain as artificial turf products range in design, cost, and quality. You can even get artificial-looking grass that requires no care at all!
- Fit a seating space in your balcony – With a balcony as beautiful, you will want to spend more time relaxing here. Adding additional patio furniture will provide the needed extra seating for your outdoor space. If you have a larger space, you can add two chairs and a table.
This will quickly become your favorite space to drink your morning tea, get your friends for small pizza with laughing talks or just unwind after a long day at work.
So, what are you waiting for? Now you can do a balcony garden on your own with the above easy ways. If you need any experts to help you set up the balcony garden, you can always reach to best balcony gardening in Bangalore anytime!